Check It Out!!

Thursday, June 10, 2021

It’s been 9 years since I blogged…

 My last blog post was in August of 2012. 


2012!


Honestly, I was surprised as hell to come across my blog. Kinda expected it to be gone, kwim?


Anyway, as expected over the course of 9 years, things change. I pretty much gave up scrapbooking and card making right around the same time as this blog. I abandoned my foray into mixed media, too.  But, in the process of relocating and downsizing my craft room, I rediscovered all the fun toys I used to use and it piqued my interest again.


Sooo…I don’t expect this blog to be on anyone’s radar anymore, but I feel like I need a place to post my newly reclaimed artistic journey, if only just for me. 


One thing I decided to do was to learn how to draw faces. I came across a mind blowing online art teacher, Karen Campbell of AwesomeArtSchool.com and began following her tutorials on how to draw faces. 


This is from a lesson on how to draw a braid, with the added bonus of being a 3/4 face. 



I’m mostly happy with it. Right now my biggest obstacles to overcome are making my girls’ jawlines less masculine, and I just can’t seem to scale down the eyes to human sized instead of fantastical anime sex kitten sized. 😂 


I used Derwent soft graphite pencils (H, 2B, & 3B) in a Strathmore sketch pad, with a generous assist from variously sized erasers. There were a few last minute touches with a black Stabilo All pencil and a Posca white marker. 


So, anyway, yeah. 


If for some reason you happen to land here, say hi!


Thanks for listening!!


💚heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope this post made your day a little brighter. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!